Friday, June 5, 2009

Wreck this journal...day 1

Well, it's day one of the "wreck this journal" journey. I'm still not sure about the direct link thing so I'm going to post and deal with figuring all the technical stuff out as I go (I hope by tomorrow!).

To be honest, I got off to a slow start. I kept looking through the book trying to find the most nonthreatening place to begin! I'm not really a book wrecker, but after a bit of hesitation, I chose the "drip something here-close the book and make a print" page. I drew a funny face with a marker, squished a wet tea bag onto the page--and closed the book tight with the bag inside--and then sprinkled the page with some fire ash.

It didn't so much smear as bleed through to the pages before and after it. I think I'm going to add some paint in as well. It seems to need some color and I don't feel like I'm really done with this page! I think this is going to be fun!

6 comments:

Jamie Ridler said...

Yay! Congratulations on initiating your journal with tea - perfect! And I'm just imagining the magic that must be held in a sprinkle of fire ash. Wonderful :)

As for the technical, the direct link to this post would be http://bramasoleyoga.blogspot.com/2009/06/wreck-this-journalday-1.html. And I found it just by clicking on the blog post title, going to the dedicated page and copying the url. I'll update your Mr. Linky so that as the days go on, people can find your post. Let me know if that makes sense :)

Genie Sea said...

Whoop! Tea bags! What a great idea! I wonder if raspberry tea would give it a nice red color... Off to experiment! :)

word verification for the comment is: fritful... funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you feel you have more to do on that page. I was actually sad to think that I might be "done" in two months, but I guess there's always more to do, right?

Marian said...

Hi! Thanks for the comments, and Jamie, I think I get what you are saying about the link. Let's hope!

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Terrific start!
Here's to the joy of more wrecking...

Melita said...

can't wait to see how you "wreck" :)